Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Pet Showers, No Smoking HOA's, Oh My!

Here is an article from RISMedia on the hottest homebuying trends for 2008. Two of them really caught my eye and I wanted to share them with you here.

Shower for Fido
The first is pet showers. Maybe you've heard of this before, or maybe you thought yes, I put my pet in the shower too, so what?

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about an dedicated shower JUST FOR your pet. In some cases these have marble tile and the highest level of shower fixtures. Pretty cool if you're a pet lover.


No Smoking by Order of The HOA
The next trend for 2008 which we're starting to hear more about is "Non-smoking HOA's". What like you mean I can't smoke at the clubhouse? Ok, I'm used to not being able to smoke in public anyway.

Nope, I mean you can't smoke in your own home. This rule was already upheld in one court case but I'm sure we'll start seeing lots more cases being tried on this topic before long.

So, let me ask my readers: Any interest in a shower just for your pet, or desire to live in a no smoking allowed HOA?

Photos by bchow and wizardhat respectively on flickr