Monday, September 24, 2007

Boomer Alert: $1.35 to call 411?

This post is a Boomer Alert!

Wow. This just shows how busy I am. I just discovered that 411 isn't free anymore from my house phone. Where have I been? And how long has AT&T been charging me for this?

AT&T charged me $1.35 EACH for 3 calls to directory assistance. I didn't even really have to use 411. I could have got off my lazy duff and went to the computer, or even pulled out the 'ol phone book. I'll think twice next time!

Recently saw a few posts in the blogosphere about Google's 411 service. 1-800-GOOG-411.



Tried it. Works great. Connects you directly AT NO CHARGE. Has some neat features such as ability to receive a text message about the business you selected (address, phone number etc.)

Best of all is the price...FREE. Put it on speed dial and also program it into your cell phone for use while on the road.