Just put a quick video up on Florida for Boomers about how to figure out what your Florida real estate taxes might be.
The tax calculations are based on certain criteria that you input such as sales price, and whether or not you qualify for the homestead exemption.
Not all Florida counties have this feature on their website, but I'd say most do by now.
- Start at the Florida Information page of FloridaforBoomers.com
- Click on "List of County Property Appraiser's Websites
- Select the county you are interested in
- Look for a link to "property tax calculator"
- Fill in the required data like price, millage rate, homestead and click calculate